Thursday, April 7, 2011

Saturday 2nd, 2011

Couldn't sleep last night, to many worries and way to much excitement about the Chetak getting to my house today. Been spending the past couple of days doing research and parts hunting for these odd little machines. Not much out there compared to Vintage Vespas or Volkswagens but enough to get ya by.

So the grandparents (my parents) got here around 11am and since they where here to help out on the new house I tried my best to stay away from the Chetak so we could get some work done. And I'm proud to say a wrench didn't come out until the house work was done!! (White lies don't hurt do they?)

So house work done for the day, and its time to play! Battery charged and she turns over, that’s a good sign. Started to remove bent up crash bars before I went in for dinner but that turned into checking the oil filter which after finding bits of the clutch, paper gasket and worst of all metal bits. put dinner in the microwave and I removed the clutch cover and what the hell.. Clutch came to pieces, ok I figured as much, But what in the world was a small rock and grass doing inside the engine?! Defiantly time for dinner...

~Brian

Ole Girl on the way home,

No comments:

Post a Comment